[techtalk] Squid config

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Wed Feb 16 19:01:50 EST 2000

Subba Rao wrote:

> Thanks for replying. Since I do not have caching peers, I deleted these
> tags from the config file and squid starts fine now. There are other config
> errors which can be tweaked as I go along.

Glad I could help. :)

> How does Squid keep track of the files being cached? How do we know if the cached files have
> changed on the original server?

In the absence of my squid admin/best friend/husband, and due to
the fact that I'm tired enough that I'm sure I wouldn't be able
to read the manual and figure it out, I'm going to:

a) throw to someone else on this list

b) recommend you subscribe to the squid list and ask there

and/or

c) suggest the dread phrase that starts with 'read' and ends with 'manual'.

Sorry.

If the question is still standing after I've slept, I may go look.
But I don't know off the top of my head.

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn