[techtalk] career/family question

Rik Hemsley rik at kde.org
Wed Feb 16 04:52:06 EST 2000

#if Linda Walsh
>     Dunno if I want to do this...but...
>
>     No one is "equal" in every way with everyone else [...]

Misquote from Python:

"You are ALL INDIVIDUALS !"
(moment's pause)
"I'm not ! ... and neither's my wife !"

[...]
> It'd by like rating on congeniality -- have you ever heard of Mr.
> Congeniality award? Things have moved away from those explicit
> criteria, but attitudes still remain.

I have worked at a company where I was not made welcome, because
I didn't play football (soccer) with the 'lads'.

It's practically the same thing. I wasn't a 'man' in their eyes,
so I got the equivalent of sexual discrimination. Yes, I really did.

Rik

--
Explore the richness of your limitations.