[techtalk] career/family question

Rik Hemsley rik at kde.org
Tue Feb 15 04:01:13 EST 2000

#if Tania M. Morell
> used to that in no time at all.  As it is, I wish I could afford that
> now for myself.  I'm a Unix SysAdmin now, and with all the learning and
> work I have ahead of me, I hate wasting my little time on laundry,
> cooking, and cleaning.  It's a pain.

All this learning ahead of you will probably include:

1) Learning that you can get away with not ironing clothes if you're
   careful in your choice of material and remember not to sleep in
   them.

2) Leaning that cooking is something they do on TV. Sysadmins don't
   watch TV, so by day we have a liquid lunch. By night we eat whatever
   will come to us, which usually means the curry house that's open
   latest.

3) Learning that cleanliness is next to impossible.

4) Learning that 'killall' works differently on Real Unices.

Rik

p.s. :P

--
Dip into nihilism.