[techtalk] Version Control for Web Sites

Adriana Gonzalez adriana at hq.mycity.com
Sat Feb 12 19:43:49 EST 2000

We have already considered CVS, and in fact we use it for version
control of our scripts. I agree it's  an excellent tool.  The problem
though, is that cvs excels when you are manipulating text files, but
it's not that good when you want to handle a lot of images.  I find the
repository model, that thinks about the files of a project as living
under the same directory tree, a little bit impractical for my needs.
My files are scattered all around the server, and their position can be
different when you go from one server to another.
I know it is possible to solve all this with scripting and symbolic
links,  and most likely I will end up using cvs anyway,  I just wanted
to know if there was a tool designed specifically for this situation,
that I could use on linux.