[techtalk] LaTeX

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at TheNetEffect.com
Wed Feb 9 23:25:10 EST 2000

> pages.  I'm trying to learn it so I can use it for papers for a class I'm
> in (plain old pico isn't quite good enough for something I have to turn in
> for a grade...)

If you're not averse to popular GUI apps, you might want to try the Linux
version of Adobe Framemaker 5.5 -- it's in beta, so you can download it
free and get a license that's good through 12/31/00.  The online manual
and help files that come with it are *really* good.  I'm using it now for
a monthly newsletter and find that it blows Word Perfect 8 totally out of
the water on long documents.

You can download it here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/fmlinux.html

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(334) 433-0196