[techtalk] Changing the Console Video Mode

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Sun Feb 6 17:11:00 EST 2000

Rik Hemsley wrote:

> Braille terminal ? ;)

Heh. Actually I have near-perfect vision in my left eye - and am almost
legally blind in the right.

> Sit about 2-3m from your monitor (nose to screen) and run with *either*
> very large fonts/icons/window decorations, *or* a very low resolution.

I sit closer than that (small monitor, at the moment, dammit), but do the
large-font thing.

> Another thing you can do to help with sight problems is to use a
> text-based web browser. Getting rid of the moving graphics and having
> a consistent font is underrated.

Yup. It's incredible what a difference it makes. I set my browser to
override font instructions.

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn