[techtalk] Notebooks and tech support

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Wed Feb 2 15:18:31 EST 2000

On Feb 2, Terri Oda conjectured:

> Incidentally, the other thing I loved about Eurocom was that their techs
> were totally unphased when I brought it in for servicing (the hard drive
> was faulty) and they found that i'd made it a dual boot.  They told me that
> I'd have to reinstall linux myself when they gave me the new drive, but
> they didn't give me any nonsense about linux causing problems with the hard
> drive. :)  And they were quick -- I took the machine in on Monday and had
> it back on Weds.

So, what sort of company is Eurocom?  Is it a mail-order place, a chain
store, or a local thing?  Sounds like a great place, so I'm wondering if I
can find one in my neighborhood...

Conni
been considering getting a laptop lately.  still can't afford it, though.

--
Since they're all rude, Hi, I'm Neil.

http://www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Galadriel