[techtalk] Need Notebook reccomendation

J B griffin2020 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 20:15:54 EST 2000

I have messed with Dell, Gateway, Toshiba, Compaq, Micron and a couple of
off-brand laptops.  The most impressive laptop (and closest in performance
to a desktop machine) is the Micron Transport (we have NX).  Granted, they
are a little more pricey than the Dell, etc...but IMHO, it is worth it for
stability, HDD size, LCD size, etc.  I am postive that the chipset will
support the required resolution, but is not so "bleeding-edge" as to be
unsupported by a standard X-server.

 > Well, I am obliged to say "buy a Dell".  But actually, we've >started
configuring a couple of our notebooks with Redhat, so if >you're wanting a
notebook on linux