[Fwd: Re: [techtalk] Using CD-Rom drives with linux.]

Tania M. Morell tmorell at ispchannel.com
Tue Dec 12 03:39:05 EST 2000

I'm using PNY Technologies CD-R 700mb disks.

No, I don't think it's bad media... I just got done copying 2 music cd's
and I listened to both..  no skips, or strange staticy noise either.
It's actually very high quality stuff...  no diff between the original
cd's.

The only thing I don't like is that there is an extra second of silence
between tracks.  This is especially annoying with the live cd's I've
recorded.  There is always talking between tracks and in the copied
version I get 1 second of silence breaking up that dialog.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to get rid of that sec... I'd be happy to
try it.

This is how I've copied the image then recorded the image to cd.

TO COPY FROM CD TO IMAGE:
cdda2wav -D2,0 -s -x -Oraw -B -S20 .

TO RECORD FROM IMAGE TO CD:
cdrecord speed=8 fs=4m -useinfo dev=2,0 -audio -nopad audio_*.raw

Using "-nopad" didn't eliminate the extra second of silence.

-T