[techtalk] SupppperrrDissskkk

jboudell jboudell at asu.edu
Tue Aug 22 10:58:45 EST 2000

Hi all,

First let me say that I've checked 4 or 5 web sites (linuxhardware,
newbie, question, /., etc..) before posting this question to y'all.
After installing Red Hat 6.2 on my Compaq Presario 5240 this weekend, I
noticed that I had a problem with my SuperDisk.  I did find some useful
info at the hardware web site.  It seems that SuperDisk is read as a
hard drive and not a floppy drive.  The rest of the post concerned
booting from the SuperDisk.

Anyway, does anyone know how to install the SuperDisk properly so Linux
recognizes the SuperDisk as a fd?  I have been reading a lot, both
online and books, and am wondering if I should check the dev and
reassign the SuperDisk as an fd?  I'm so new that I'm not actually sure
what to do.  It would be nice to use my fd.  : )

Thanks for any help that you gals/guys can provide.

Jere