[techtalk] Install Problem

Dan Nguyen nguyend7 at cse.msu.edu
Sun Apr 30 02:45:25 EST 2000

> I'm trying to install Redhat 6.2 on a Dell XPS T750R.  It is running
> a Pentium III at 750mhz, 128 meg of ram, 40 Gig hard drive (with an
> ATA66 controller card), and Windows 98SE.
>
> Each time, when I reach the point where Disk Druid would set up my
> partitions, I receive an error message telling me that the program
> can't find a valid filesystem.
>
> Is this related to the size of the drive?  If so, how can I correct
> the problem?

Your problem is probably the ATA66 controller card.  If your hard
drive is connected to the controller card, rather than an IDE channel,
most Linux installations will not be able to see it.

Is your controller card even supported?  Do you know if there are
patches available?  I do know that Mandrake 7.1 beta install supports
it.  And Debian may have boot floppies which will detect your card as
well.

--
     Dan Nguyen     |  It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
  nguyend7 at msu.edu  |  everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.