[techtalk] Users, groups, admins, roots...

Ian Phillips ianp at tibco.com
Wed Apr 19 16:08:28 EST 2000

> You cannot duplicate root. You can, however, duplicate some of root's
> functions using sudo. I've never personally done it, but I know it can
> be done.

Hmm, that disagrees with my story. But since I've been out of sysadmin work for about 6 months now I may well be in the wrong. If so, sorry for the bad advice.

Anyone care to give a definitive answer?

Yours,
Ian.

#ifndef  __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
#include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.
#endif                    | www.TIBCO.com