[techtalk] Mouse Problems

root lothan at newsguy.com
Sun Apr 16 11:41:46 EST 2000

I finally figured out the problem with the mouse. For some reason the
Redhat installation utility installed the mouse as PS/2 even though I
had specified Intellimouse. I ran mouseconfig (after a long search
through the web...) and it configured the mouse as IMPS/2. While I was
at it, I ran XConfigurator and somehow managed to successfully configure
the monitor for 1024x768. As they say, it's all fairly easy... ya just
gotta know where to look for the information. :-) A lot has changed from
my 1995 version of Linux (command line only) so now I get to dip my toes
into the new waters... Anybody have a life preserver I can borrow? :-)

Lothan