[techtalk] kernel-automounter, fstab, vfat and minix

Michelle Konzack starone at cybercable.fr
Thu Apr 13 16:18:04 EST 2000

Hello,

I have the kernel automonuer installed and it works... for one fs

The problem is, that I have floppys with vfat and minix and I get
errors if i have in /etc/fstab

/dev/fd0    /floppy     vfat    noauto,user,unhide     0   2
/dev/hdc4   /zip100     vfat    noauto,user,unhide     0   2

and I try to mount a minix-fs...

Curently I use a second entry like:

/dev/fd0    /mfloppy    minix   noauto,user,unhide     0   2
/dev/hdc4   /mzip100    minix   noauto,user,unhide     0   2

For this I need two other mount directories...
I have read the fstab-man-page but I have foung nothing which works for me.

Is there a solution ???

Michelle

--
Linux rebootet man in drei Fällen:
Neuer Kernel, neue (Board-)Hardware, Stromausfall....

Aber Windows rebootet man auch in drei Fällen:
Schutzverletzung, Bluescreen, keinen Bock...