[techtalk] shutdown problems

Amy amy at bpsinet.com
Sat Apr 8 10:15:21 EST 2000

Everything was working great with my RH 6.1 until my sister somehow
crashed my machine  while I was at work. I walked her through the
rebooting process and everything seemed to go well. When I try to shutdown
the machine to reboot into Windows when I need to, it no longer shuts
down. It stops at a bash prompt. I always used shutdown now and had no
problems, but it doesn't seem to work now. Any suggestions as to how to
fix this?

Amy
amy at bpsinet.com

If you can't say anything nice about someone, say nothing.
Then creep up behind them with a baseball bat and really
let 'em have it.