[techtalk] Cable Modem Issues

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Thu Sep 30 18:57:53 EST 1999

Julia Frizzell wrote:

> So, no one has any advice on the setting up a server bit?

<grins>

Use an old box, one you'd discarded long ago as no longer suitable
for the latest games. :)

I confess, other than setting it's routes appropriately (default
route is outside world, routes within the LAN being pointed at
eth0), I don't know what else is needed on a server box. That's
all I do - I let my husband (Dancer) fool with proxies and
firewalls.

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/