[techtalk] linux 6.1 install

Steve Kudlak chromexa at ovis.net
Sat Oct 30 09:30:05 EST 1999

Kir Kolyshkin wrote:

> Sharon Kisel wrote:

> > >[...]
> >
> > argh!  lotsa information, more then i thought i'd get back!
> >
> > I'm going to work on this this weekend, and a friend is bringing his laptop
> > so i can use the network option if the cd drivers are part of the problem!
> >
> > ''The Red Hat 6.1 installer is a bug-ridden mess.''
> >
> > why didn't someone tell me this BEFORE i began?????
>
> I had no problems with RedHat 6.1 installer, but if you'll have any troubles
> try to use updated bootdisk from RedHat. It's somethere under
> http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/
>
> --
> |< ()  http://kir.sever.net kir at sgp.sever.ru kir at sever.net ICQ 7551596
> () |_   Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house!
>
> ************
> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Ok, folks I am getting serious. What are te gnerally reccomendations from
personal experience on dual-boot installations. I have the 4.2BSD disk already
(not linux I know).I wan to be able to not wreck anything. Want to divide my 14
gig hard disk in half  so I can reun both COREL and gimp and all the weird things
I have gotten use too.

I am in the middle of nowhere techno-land wise, and can expect little help. And I
want my email in tact. So which is easioest to install and get going. ANd if
anyone know how use the true trype fonts. That would be great. I can handle the
microsoft waorld but hate it;'s special formats, and it's nasty habit of "So
transparent" as "well you installed X with the wise installatin wizard and
suddenly things are changed around.

Any pointers even by meail would be appreciated.

have Fun,
Sends Steve