[techtalk] ISA / PCI

Xavier Gutierrez Munoz xgm at newton.fis.ucm.es
Wed Oct 27 16:06:52 EST 1999

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Neil ''Fred'' Picciotto wrote:

>how can i determine whether my machine has ISA?  i know that it has PCI, so
>i suspect it does not, but i believe that there exist some motherboards
>with both...  is there any way to determine this from software?  if not, i
>suppose i'll open the box up, but even then, how can i tell?

I don't have any idea of doin' it from software. If you decide to open the
box you'll see the card slots on the motherboard.
PCI slots are shorter tha ISA ones. So if you have both, you'll see two
different types of slots.

I'm sorry I don't know the exact dimensions of these slots, but I hope the
above lines can help you :).

Xavier Gutierrez Muñoz xgm at newton.fis.ucm.es

Freedom is nothing but the chance to do better.
		-- Camus