ethernet cable length [techtalk]

Stephan Zaniolo eaglefeather at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 26 22:40:48 EST 1999

	A quote from :  http://www.3com.com/products/dsheets/400317a.html#graphic4

	All OfficeConnect Fast Ethernet hubs are Class II. You can directly
connect two Class II Fast Ethernet hubs (Class I hubs cannot be directly
connected to other Fast Ethernet hubs). The total length of cable (A+B+C
below) between two workstations and a nonrepeater piece of equipment (such
as a switch) must not exceed 205 m (672 ft). Each cable (A, B, or C) must
not exceed 100 m (328 ft).

	There's more information at the above site, including the graphic this
statement describes.

Stephan