[techtalk] Rising RAM Prices

J B griffin2020 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:44:52 EST 1999

The real reason, the bottom line is, THE BOTTOM LINE.  They raised prices
because they thought that the market would stand it.  It is obvious that the
market will not.

>I heard that memory prices were going up in the US because companies were
 >saying that the earthquake in Taiwan cut the supply-- the problem with
that
 >excuse is that Taiwan only supplies the US with 10% of the chips......

	I saw a comment by a high muckety-muck in *Intel* stating
that he had no idea why memory prices were going up (!).

	Taiwan is an excuse, not the cause.

	--Cathy James