[techtalk] Older versions of distros

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Wed Oct 20 15:40:49 EST 1999

Caitlyn Martin wrote:

> My advice:  get the latest distro.  Want to do it cheap?  Go to:
> http://www.cheapbytes.com  and pick up a copy of Red Hat 6.1 for a few
> dollars.  Or, if you prefer, Mandrake, SuSe, Debian, et al...  Another
> alternative is to pick up the November issue of Linux Magazine.  It has a
> copy of TurboLinux 4.0 tucked in for free  :)  You can do this for under six
> dollars for sure, so why go with an older copy?

Or even cheaper, download off the net - if  you don't have download/bandwidth/
time costs. (If you do, figure out the cost and decide which is cheaper.)

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/