[techtalk] Secure web server...

Vinnie Surmonde drachen at george.he.net
Fri Oct 15 18:48:04 EST 1999

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Vinnie Surmonde wrote:

> Probably not that much..If you want to go intel and by new, I'd spec out
> something like a pII whatever (doesn't matter that much) with 64 or 128 MB
> ram (depends on how price sensitive you are, obviously) and a few gigs for
> hard drive space and a decent nic

I should amend that some -- if you're going to be doing involved database
stuff or anything that will eat significant amounts of processor or
memory (or any resource) beyond the OS and apache, you'll want to spec
based on that, rather than the web server :)

Vinnie

--
Reality is a formality, an agreed upon set of lies -- J.D. Catron
Obligatory pathetic website at http://george.he.net/~drachen