[techtalk] PS2 Mouse and RH6.1

Michelle Leonard michelle_leonard at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 12:14:18 EST 1999

Anyone install RH6.1 yet?  I downloaded the iso image
and installed it here at work (fresh install on new
drive).  VERY easy/fast install, except now the mouse
has gone nuts (jumps and skips around randomly - not
usable at all).  It works fine if I boot to the older
install.  Tried 2 mice, MS Intellimouse 3-button (came
with the Dell) which it is (recognized in the
install), and another generic ps2 mouse. The mouse
works fine during the install process.  So what
configuration is causing this?  The XF86Config file
mouse settings is the same as on the older install,
/dev/mouse linked to psaux...

Any hints appreciated..
TIA
Michelle