[techtalk] For the not so techie Linux users

Mike and Mary Anne Cox mnmcox at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 14 11:48:05 EST 1999

If you go to the Control Panel in windoze, you can do one of two things.

click on the device manager tab, select View devices by type, then click on
your modem, select properties, from the popup that appears, select the
Resources tab, it should have all I/O info and IRQ info for you there.

The other option is to simply go to system from the control Panel, click on
Hardware Profiles and then select Print.  This will print out all of the
hardware, manufacturer, and resource information.

It only takes a second for the info to print.  I did this when I got Linux
installed on my secondary hard drive because I got tired of having to go
back and forth to make sure I had all of the info.

Hope this helps.

>how do I find out what IRQ my
>modem is _actually_ on?
>
>I've tried looking all over the place in Windows hoping that the modem's
>configuration would be listed somewhere. I looked where Winblows Help said the
>IRQ level should be listed, but it wasn't there (Help gave some obscure reason
>why it might not be there).
>
>- Kev

Mary Anne Cox
http://www.homestead.com/2muchtime/index.html

"...to start, press any key.  Hmmmm....now, exactly where IS the 'any' key?"