[techtalk] upgrading to Netscape 4.7

JoAnn Elliott welliot1 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 16:54:05 EST 1999

I could use some advice here please. I am feeling brave tonight. (reading
this mailgroup is building my confidence-you are all great!)

I have Linux Mandrake 6.0 and it has Netscape Comm. 4.6
I want to put on NC 4.7.
I have downloaded the 70 MB linux netscape file and it is in tar format.

Q:
1. Should I remove the ver 4.6 first, and if so how step by step please.

2. Or should I just -xvf filename and let 'er rip! If I have to reset my
preferences, it is not too bad a job, as I do not have much in there at this
time.

thanks in advance.

JoAnn Elliott
jelliott at tampabay.rr.com