[techtalk] Building ADSL - LAN

Just This Girl archmage at gte.net
Wed Oct 6 14:11:15 EST 1999

Thank you for the pointer, and I am certain that I might be interested
in this later, but upon reading the document, I do have IP addresses of
the public variety that I can assign to each card that I have on my
network. I do not need to use the private network addresses, and I would
rather refrain from doing so until I have everything working to avoid
dealing with another topic at the same time.

I have quoted the how-to below, and I would like advice concentrating on
cases 1 and/or 2, and worry about assigning private addresses later.
It's not going to cost me any more to use the IP addresses I've already
been given, and its not going to cost me less not to use them :)

"2.4 Who Doesn't Need IP Masquerade?

     If your machine is a stand-alone Linux host connected to the
Internet, then it is pointless to have IP Masquerade running, or
     if you already have assigned addresses for your OTHER machines,
then you don't need IP Masquerade,
     and of course, if you don't like the idea of a 'free ride'. "

BTW: My firewall tip URL was dead-wrong. Darn p-n-c. Here is the real
one: http://linux-firewall-tools.com/

--
O    .--.     Give me some Slack!
 o. |o_o |