[techtalk] mail format (was re: ftp for non users)

Ian Phillips ianp at tibco.com
Mon Nov 29 16:21:39 EST 1999

> I'm using Outlook, not Outlook Express.

In Outlook:

1. Go to "Options..." in the tools menu.
2. Go to the "Mail Format" tab (3rd one along).
3. Message Format is the first section, you can set "Plain Text" there.

Unfortunately, as you have pointed out, Outlook also has "per user" settings
which will override this default so most of the people you already have in
your address book will still be set to receive HTML formatted email :-(

BTW hi gals & guys, I'll get around to firing off an introductory email to
the general list at some point later today.

Yours,
Ian.

#ifndef  __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
#include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.
#endif                    | www.TIBCO.com