[techtalk] No HTML/RTF messages, please!

chromexa at ovis.net chromexa at ovis.net
Sun Nov 28 12:57:50 EST 1999

> ** Original Subject: Re: [techtalk] No HTML/RTF messages, please!
> ** Original Sender: "J B" <griffin2020 at hotmail.com>
> ** Original Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:21:15 GMT

> ** Original Message follows...

> I have noticed that ocasionally Homail will insert a small HTML tab in the
> messages.  I have yet to determine what causes this, but the portability of
> the website appeals to me (I can have my linuxchix wherever I go)....  I
> apologize if any of my messages are skrewy...
>

> Hi, everyone,
>
> It is really bad netiquette, particularly on a UNIX list, to send messages
> in HTML or RTF format.  *Please* use plain text.  At work, where I have to
> use Microsoft software I can read them, but have you ever seen what HTML
> looks like in KMail?  Most text-based e-mail programs?
>
> Many lists I belong to bounce HTML messages.  Be kind to those of us who
> don't use Microsoft stuff or Netscape 100% of the time, OK?
>
> Thanks,
> Caity

> ************
> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Ask first!! Then if person accepts, then send HTML. I can read it and I WANT IT!! This is
especially important to friend invitations. I want HTML. Plain Text is a pain. Just ask first,
and if they say yes. Let's stop trying to force nettiqueete down people's throats!!! It is Hitler
like...It is not just to ask, and then send.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve

Have Fun,
Sends STeve