[techtalk] Users and everything?

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Nov 27 16:17:03 EST 1999

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Sunnanvind wrote:

> Thanks, but.. how can I connect to the internet when I'm not root?
> The modem starts dialing, and then I get a "the ppp deamon died unexpectedly".
> When I'm root, everythings fine.

If you use Red Hat Linux 6.1, this is a known problem -- it should get
solved if you update to the latest pppd, usermode and rp3 packages. Then
use rp3 to connect (I don't know if kppp works this way). I know that rp3
is made for gnome, but it should work with KDE, too.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen / Vogelsangstrasse 115 / D-70197 Stuttgart / +49.711.6599405
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de