[techtalk] ATI Rage LT Pro

Tsaroth Blackhand ccsu0301 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 26 05:33:38 EST 1999

Sunnanvind wrote:

> Dear all,
> Does anyone know how to configure X for this card, ATI Rage LT Pro? I'm
> really messed up and I don't know next to nothing about linux. My screen
> can do 1024x768 with 16 bpp and 60hz under windows, it's a TFT screen of
> unknown brand (and no markings).
> I am using red hat 6.0 for now.
> Yours, Sunnanvind
> --
> http://home.swipnet.se/sunnanvind
> "I went forth in armored frame, but of fear the arm was cast, and of
> shame." - Karin Boye
>
> ************

    While I was setting up my laptop for Linux, it too has the ATI Rage
Pro LT, I stumbled across this page:
<A href="http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/xserver.html">this
page</A>

    This page has all the details for settino up the video.  That was
when I setup for RedHat 6.0.  However, when I setup the same machine
with RedHat 6.1 it found and setup the video card fine,  I didn't need
to mess with anything.  I hope this can get you through the setup, email
me if you have other problems.

<pats himself on the back>  Yaaah! first time I'm able to actually help
on a Linux listserve and not just lurk.

Chris Hargens