[techtalk] StarOffice and Gnome installation issues

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Tue Nov 16 00:45:32 EST 1999

Caitlyn Martin wrote:

> > Are you just teasing me or are you really using Netscape and
> > StarOffice on your P90 with 40 MB simultaneously?
>
> Really and truly, as in cutting and pasting between them.  The machine in
> question is a Toshiba Portégé 610CT running Red Hat Linux 6.0 and KDE 1.1.1.

64 MB, with  Netscape, Staroffice, Jpilot, tinyfugue and other incidental
stuff running. (over Debian/Gnome/Enlightenment)

It can be done. I didn't think it was a feat.

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/