[techtalk] StarOffice and Gnome installation issues

Dakota Surmonde drachen at george.he.net
Mon Nov 15 16:25:45 EST 1999

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:

> I didn't think it's possible to use StarOffice with 40 MB of RAM.

I use it on a k5-133 with 32MB -- it's dog slow and swaps something fierce
(127 MB swap partition, yes, I believe in over doing it :) ) but it works
(or at least did, before I hosed x, but that's another story, and isn't
staroffice's fault at all :P )

> Are you just teasing me or are you really using Netscape and
> StarOffice on your P90 with 40 MB simultaneously?

I do it with 32 :P

OTOH, I use xfree with qvwm, which isn't a particularly heavy wm at all...

Vinnie