[techtalk] bind problem...and a sendmail one, too

Jeff Dike jdike at karaya.com
Sun Nov 14 18:54:32 EST 1999

> I had it dump it's stats, memstats, and database, but I can't seem to
> decipher WHAT address "is already in use".

I get a chance to plug one of my favorite utilities...strace :-).

run strace -p <cron pid> -f -e trace=network

and look for something returning EADDRINUSE or 98.  Then look at the
arguments, and if it was a socket operation, then look at the arguments to the
previous operations on that socket, especially bind.

				Jeff