[techtalk] more netscape woes...

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Thu Nov 11 13:19:12 EST 1999

I thought maybe the fix sent to the list would fix my netscape also, but
it turns out that was already IN my font catalog (so that's not my
problem).

When java tries to start, invariably it will come up with this error:
"Unable to start a java applet: Can't find java40.jar in your CLASSPATH.
Read the release notes and install java40.jar properly before
restarting.

Current value of CLASSPATH:
/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins:/usr/local/bin/plugins:/home/colby/.netscape/plugins"

There is no /usr/local/lib/netscape
There is no /usr/local/bin/plugins
There is no /home/colby/.netscape/plugins

Do I need to install something ELSE to get java to work here? Is there
something I'm missing?

I'm not a java junkie, so I have no clue ;o)
-nicole