[techtalk] Partitioning with fdisk

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Mon Nov 8 18:24:35 EST 1999

Darren Osadchuk wrote:

> However,
> re-formatting in Windows makes the Linux boot process freeze
> when it tries to read hdb3 (the Win95 partition). I can't remember
> the exact message, because it's rather long.

When Linux is trying to mount that partition, does it know it's an
msdos partition?

/etc/fstab (I think) is the file to check for that.

Alternatively: do you want/need Linux to read the windows partition
anyway? :) If not, the solution is simple.

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/