[techtalk] pppd problems using kppp/RH6.0

Becky L. Norum bnorum at coe.neu.edu
Fri Nov 5 17:22:05 EST 1999

Thanks for the reply, Nils.

I think I know what the problem is.  I have set up an ethernet card on the
computer because we have a network printer.  BUT, to connect to the
internet, I use a modem.  So, I think that when I try to connect to my
provider, the provider gets confused as to what ip address to use, even
though I have set dynamic ip addressing in the ppp settings.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to set up two different
network settings, one for use with the printer and one for use with the
modem?  I've scanned a number of FAQs but maybe I'm just missing
something.. like a keyword to look for.

TIA,

Becky
bnorum at coe.neu.edu