[techtalk] More on the TurboLinux troubles

Emily Cartier cartieel at flyernet.udayton.edu
Wed Nov 3 16:22:43 EST 1999

Here's some nice hard data on the other big error.

If the install manages to get to the point where you select the type of
system and the packages you want, a nice little error comes up. Error
cannot unpack base system archive. If I head over to the virtual console
with the error log, it indicates that there's a
/tmp/tlinux/TurboLinux/base/skeleton.cgz that is apparently the source
of the problem. When I booted up with a dos disk and took a look, the
file is present, and isn't empty.

Emily