[techtalk] 6.1 install, Victory!

Steve Kudlak chromexa at ovis.net
Tue Nov 2 23:48:05 EST 1999

Tonya Winter wrote:

>   Thank you one and all! I just finished my 6.1 install.
> Several people gave me small pieces which finally came together to win the
> battle. From how to mount the CD ROM
> (mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom) and locate the boot.img file and
> how to copy it to floppy (dd if=boot.img of=/dev/fd0).
>
> Thank you!
> Tonya

> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

How about a full write up, if you have the time. I am considering. Would like to
do it sooon. Would like TRue TYpes to work. I no much more unix that MS-land,
where I am flying blind. I also dunno if there will be an MS-WIN GIMP.

Also I still haven't seen any real material float by on the GIMP lsists, dev.
users or anything...I may eventually start one. ALthought I condiser myself a
fast learning newbie.

Have FUn,
Sends Steve