[techtalk] sharing a newly installed HD...

Walt pippin at mail.fred.net
Mon Nov 1 22:37:17 EST 1999

I got _troubles_.

I just installed a new 9.1 gb HD in my rhl box to use solely for
network storage space. I have 4 partitions on it.

But when I mount them to directories, like:
/dev/sdd1 /home/working/a-m

where /home/working is a samba and appletalk share, none of
the clients have write access. Also, I have the directories chowned
to the the client's group, but ownership changes as soon as I mount
the drive.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,
Walt

-~

    If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it:
    Every arrow that flies feels the attraction of the earth.
                        Henry Wordsworth Longfellow