[prog] structures containing structures 2

sena emre senaemre at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 09:15:22 UTC 2007

Hi Tim,

  Thanks for your help. You are true, I am a beginner. But I think that I am not to bad....:) Anyway I just did not understand that part;

  solution_t& solution = solutions[idx_solution];

  box_t box = solution.cargoes[idx_cargo];

why did you use &  operator for the first definition? more, why we defined box of type box_t instead of cargos of type box_t? Because we defined cargos of type box_t under solution_t.

  Also another point  is that how should I pass a structure to a function? Is this function prototype declaration suitable for this purpose?

  void pass( struct solution_t solution);

  one last question is ...:)  Sometimes I get across to code like this...

  solution_t *solution = NULL;

  what this line tells to the compiler....

  thanks again...

  SEMRE