[prog] Programming for QA folks

Danyelle Gragsone ladynikon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 22:00:45 UTC 2007

Hi!

I am in the same boat as you.  I am a manual tester who needs to learn
some automation to stay in the field it seems.  I went looking for
shell scripting and Perl.  Perl can be very difficult as your first
language.  From reading its hell to learn but once you got it down..
you got it.  I have been looking at Python, Java, and Shell Scripting.
 Shell Scripting because it seems to be the fastest to learn.  Java
because its VERY versatile. Python because its in human language not
symbols tossed in everywhere.  How do you prefer to learn?  Books?
Video's? both?

Danyelle