[prog] Possible closure of this mailing list

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Mon Jun 4 04:08:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007, Jacinta Richardson wrote:
> I actually like this list being programming only.  I unsubscribed to techtalk a
> while back because there was so much mail and almost all of it was uninteresting
> to me.  I'm just not that interested in sys-admin questions and answers.  On the
> other hand, the questions and answers about programming on this list have always
> interested me.

We could possibly set up a programming 'topic' on techtalk, and then
Mailman can filter for you so that you only get programming discussion.
This is some overhead too, considering that we need to train people to
use the topics (basically, marking their posts in various ways) but less
so than maintaining a whole separate list.

Terri might be able to fill us in on that process.

-Mary