[prog] Re: Perl DBD-ODBC remote server

Meryll Larkin alwanza at oz.net
Thu Jan 26 15:19:35 EST 2006

1/25/06

I'm getting responses in digest format and so far I've seen Katherine Spice
(THANKS SO MUCH - that's definitely worth a try) and Caroline Johnston
(thanks - I'll check out the thread further - it has given me some ideas).
The next couple of days I've been yanked to another project, but I'll be
working more on this starting next Tuesday.  If I find a working solution,
I'll post it - but I'm betting that before that happens I'll have a few more
questions.

I'd appreciate any additional suggestions including reference material that
you would recommend  - I'll read it - so far, I've run into dead ends where
I thought there should be more information.  I'm thinking about purchasing
_Programming_the_Perl_DBI_  by Tim Bunce and Alistair Carty - if anyone has
seen enough of that book to know if it shows code to access a remote
database I'd be interested to know.

thanks again!
Meryll Larkin