[prog] Popup in PHP or Javascript

Julie Bovee Hill joulie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 03:23:14 EST 2006

Hi Tiera,

On 4/8/06, Tiera wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I need an actual extra browser
> window to open. I don't want to use the same window.
>
> /Tiera

I'm not sure I understand what the actual chain of events that you
wish to occur are. Could you take a look at this list below and point
out where/if I'm misunderstanding?

1. user fills out form
2. user clicks a button to POST data
3. php script does some calculations and returns result
4. result data is sent of to another php script for more calculation
5. new pop-up window opens with result of second calculation

Questions:
What should happen with the existing (parent) window, i.e. is it
acceptable if that page reloads or must it remain static?
Are you specifically trying to avoid Javascript?

Thanks,
Julie