[prog] mysqldump and duplicate column names

Nicki Handy nicki at virtualnicki.com
Tue Sep 20 05:36:07 EST 2005

Hi- I am trying to restore a database from a backup created by
mysqldump - I get an error that there is a duplicate column. But there
should be duplicate columns in separate tables. I mean, that's where my
joins are. So "id" in one table and "id" in another should be
acceptable as long as they are in different tables right? So, I get:
ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 128: Duplicate column name 'id'

I didn't name those columns in actuality- I'm just trying to do the
restore. I am restoring from mysql 3.23 to 4.1

Thanks
Nicki