[prog] Re: Welcome to the "Programming" mailing list

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sat Oct 29 06:45:17 EST 2005

Hi Diane and welcome,

First up, your computer seems to think it's 2002 :(

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002, Diane wrote:
>    I really enjoy programming, but I know nothing about C or perl or any
>    oth= er useful language (I used to work in something called Foxpro) so
>    I'm hop= ing to start picking up those skills here.
>    Are there any web-developers/programmers here?

There's a lot of people here who work in web development I think, or at
least spend some of their time web developing. I think Perl users are
the majority (or at least the most active), and there's quite a few Python
users. A lot of people want to learn Ruby and a course on that might be
starting soon.

>    I'm also hoping I can contribute something to this community, and to
>    help= and support others when I can.  I'd like to think I have
>    something = useful to give out of my experience!

You may be particularly interested in the techtalk and newchix lists for
giving people technical help, in addition to here.

-Mary