[prog] PHP/MySQL/Apache on CD - can it be done?

Gareth Anderson Gareth.Anderson at acslink.net.au
Fri Oct 28 11:09:13 EST 2005

Hi Jacinta,

Did you read the other emails about this subject or only this one first?

On 10/28/05, Jacinta Richardson <jarich at perltraining.com.au> wrote:

> I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, but there's a project which has already
> done
> this. Have a look at:
> http://www.livelamp.org/

Thanks for the link, but its not what we were looking for. This requires
erasing whats on the hard disk, that not what we wanted!

What LAMPPIX does http://lamppix.tinowagner.com/, is have the various files
on a CD, boot Knoppix. Load all the database files off the CD, and serve up
the PHP/MySQL files in memory.

Ie. zero installation, but a functioning webserver and database to demo a
system. Very impressive :)

Regards,
Gareth

P.S. found out that LAMPPIX-mini was the version that has only the browser.
THats what I should have being using from the start. :P (full lamppix isn't
designed to run off a cd but to be installed to a hard disk because of its
larger memory usage).