[prog] Using PHP to create the static part of HTML pages

Gareth Anderson somecsstudent at gmail.com
Tue May 10 18:18:42 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, because I keep changing my mind about things in
my project, what I've done is for now to move all the HTML generation
into the PHP scripts?

This is simply for myself maintaining things so I don't have to make
the changes in PHP scripts more than once and so I can say print the
same menu on each page.

Is there any performance hit for doing this?

For example I could convert some of these pages back to plain HTML
once I've finalized things, however its easier to maintain in PHP at
the moment.

For example the login page could be HTML, but as soon as its submitted
it would have to run the PHP, and if the login failed I would have to
generate that login page again anyway...

Please tell me if I'm not being clear about what I'm asking :)

Regards,
Gareth