[prog] pseudocode

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu Jul 28 16:09:25 EST 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005, Wolf Rising wrote:
> I don't think I completely understand what is defined as pseudocode or
> an algorithm, all the definitions for pseudocode say 'write in plain
> english' which is what I thought I did, but when I showed what I was
> doing to someone who knows how to program, he said I was only creating
> a to do list and in the real world or a school it would not be
> acceptable.
>
> So open to any ideas or suggestions :-)

If you trust your source on this, perhaps ask him to show you an
example of what he would consider acceptable as pseudocode?

Your source is not the oracle by the sounds. At university, where I
taught as well as studied, documentation was required as code comments,
not as pseudocode. In the company I work for, specifications are valued
very highly and pseudocode not at all.

-Mary