[prog] Converting definitions into 'on the fly' code...

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Thu May 13 13:51:10 EST 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 11:48:07PM +0100 or thereabouts, Conor Daly wrote:
> On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 07:26:24PM +1000 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
> Rasjid Wilcox thought:
> >
> > The python code is only 130 lines - which is not long but I was not sure if I
> > should post it directly to the list or not, so instead the code and mysql
> > test data is at
> > http://www.openminddev.net/files/python/on_the_fly_formulas/
>
> Thanks a heap Rasjid!  I'll just go off and learn Python now so I can read
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK, did that...

I've spent the last 4 days hacking on this in an attempt to understand it
and I think I've got it now.  Looks pretty damn good to me.  I haven't
figured out yet how the self.equation bit works yet (it does, I just don't know
how...).  I'm going off to present this as a sample to the project leader
now.

On a side note, you've put your code in the public domain.  Can I
subsequently incorporate that in a GPL application so that it now falls
under the GPL?  I presume I can.

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.